Thursday 31 December 2009

New Year

Well it's the last day of 2009 so time for recap and looking forward.

This year has been a really good year, but not really how I'd expect it to go. 2009 was a big year for me as I left school and started college, something I wasn't all that sure if it was the right thing or not. In fact, to begin with I really wondered what I was doing. However, after October it all took an unexpected turn and it got better - just got a bit more comfortable really. I have a friend now and I'm really thankful for every small thing.

This summer was a different one as I did camp leadership at the local Christian Endeavour camp as a first. It was an interesting experience I have to say.

The other thing about this year ... I've spent so much time online but it's been a good thing in my opinion because all these people over there <<<<<< in the blog roll who continually amaze me with their faith in hardship and with many other things. Obviously I'm not naming anyone here, but I'm sure everyone knows who they are.

2010 looks uncertain and I didn't think it would be a good year. However, I then realised I said the same thing last year! and as I've said, this year's been fine! So that gives me hope. Right now I'm excited to see what God has in store for me.

While writing this post the song playing on my computer is this - the current number one in UK singles chart - while I don't really pay much attention to that normally this one (ok, X Factor winner!) includes lyrics which fit the New Year pretty well.

A happy new year to everyone out there. The end of this year has not been good for some people (see previous post for example) but who knows what God is planning for next year - keep smiling, even when things don't go your way. (Here's some more song lyrics - I love them!)

Blessings for a good 2010 everyone,
Emma

No comments: