Wednesday 11 November 2009

Thankfulness

I was just reading up on a couple of blogs, both American, as a lot of the blogs I read are, and they are trying to find one thing to be thankful for every day, in the run-up to Thanksgiving. Of course we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but it did get a few things going for me....

Main thing: why is it that people who have the tough life seem to find it easier to be thankful? Then we, the perfectly ordinary people, seem to grumble and moan all the time! I'm not saying I don't - I complained this morning about it being cold. But I do think if we think hard about it each day, we CAN find something to be thankful for. After a whole term of wondering if this college course I'm doing was the right thing to do, and not really having friends, and losing heart a bit with my faith, the right people just came into my life at the right time!

God is good!

Last thing- my blogroll now has every blog I'm following on it, just to make it easier. Check out this one and this one in particular for the thankfulness in hardship!

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

Great post and how right you are that those going through the worst things often have the best grasp on thankfulness.
I think at those times, when things are so bad, you NEED to look to all of the little things in life to pull you through.

Hope you are finding the blessings in your days :)