Wednesday 9 June 2010

Each mile I put between the past, and the future in Your hands...

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

I've known that verse so well over the past few years. At the stage I'm at in my life right now, it's more and more relevant. Making decisions is one of the hardest things in the world for me, so even more so when it's big decisions. The only decision that's currently easy is I'm going with what God wants and putting it all in His hands. That's probably easier saying it like that than actually doing it. I don't really like changes, but at the same time want to do something really big and different.

But in the past few days, while looking through my blog list as usual, a thought comes to me that I can be thankful that I do have decisions to make, that my future is open. I do wonder why I read people's blogs that make me so emotional, but at the same time I just love this thing of getting to know people from across the ocean and get inspired by them all the time.

So what I'm saying now, in particular, is about the things happening with Kristen recently. Some people have fewer options, and when they look to the future, it's not quite the same as when we do. Dreams and ambitions can seem further away, so I guess I can count myself lucky, even though I'm one of those people who have so few concrete plans.

Here is my current favourite song, which offers so much hope.


No comments: