Sunday 26 August 2012

Another New Beginning...

As you have read previously, this summer I had the opportunity to do a 2-week youth mission trip in Ireland. This involved travelling through Northern and the Republic of Ireland, doing dance & drama in various different towns: Tralee, Killarney, and Portadown, and also church meetings in Killarney, Newry and where we were staying in Dungannon. While there, I was also able to be baptised at Downhill Beach, Northern Ireland. I've wanted to take this step for quite a while now. The reason for not doing prior to this was because I had had difficulties in which denomination I should be at. One I was sure I did not want to be baptised in, but I felt they would show offence if I went anywhere else. Thinking that to be baptised I would have to declare loyalty to one or the other, which I wasn't ready to do, I put it off and didn't do it. On the mission trip one of my friends expressed interest in doing it, and one night we discussed it. When I explained why I hadn't done it already, she said to me "But it's not about church politics. It's about you and Jesus." The next time they asked about doing it, the thought that I too should be baptised would not leave my mind. For a whole hour I remember thinking "I've got to do this". I am very grateful that God made a way for me. If anyone else is thinking they have similar problems, I now know that when the time is right, you will know and God will make a way.

No comments: